Mostly Khiva was significant for us for being the last stop on the Silk Road before we headed north to Moscow and St Petersburg.
This minaret was to be twice the height but is still an impressive sight.
The 'old' wall.
Bride in puffball wedding dress. The Almaty bride who figured earlier was the exception. Maximum puffiness was in Uzbekistan but it continued into Russia.
This lady sold me a scarf with the last of my Uzbek soong. Many of the ladies including this one had a mouthful of gold teeth. No piccy as I felt I couldnt ask them to open wide while I took a photo.
Preparing for a family photo. One of our members, who should have known better, patter the camel and for his troubles had the camel take his upper arm in its mouth, although fortunately did not bite down hard.
Andre, our Russian train attendant. Some of the crew were pretty gruff but Andre was fine. In contrast all the crew on the China train were happy and friendly.
No comments:
Post a Comment